- To raise awareness of the Handwriting Examination sciences.
- To raise the credibility, validity and reliability of Handwriting Examination as a science in South Africa.
- To emphasize the scientific nature of Handwriting Examination, as well as enhance awareness of the handwriting sciences.
- To educate and inform the greater public about the value of Handwriting Examination.
- To elevate the status of Handwriting Examination as a respected field of social and forensic science
- To provide a professional certification programme.
- To encourage the study and application of Handwriting Examination and the exchange of professional expertise among members.
- To conduct ongoing research.
- To foster professional ethics.
- To cooperate with relevant national and international organisations.
- To sponsor meetings and events for education and professional growth.
- To assist members and guests in understanding the principles of the handwriting sciences.
- To develop good public relations between the organization and the community.
- To provide support to members in the form of, inter alia, a library, laboratory, blogs and articles.